Monday, October 4, 2010

EEK!!!!!


OK I'm kinda excited about this project because I came up with it all by myself!

I found a scrap piece of wood, used some black and white acrylic paint, this decorative container filler I found at Dollar Tree, a couple spiders from Walmart ($2 for 8 spiders), and some black ribbon.

First I painted the front of the board white. Then I drew out the letters E-E-K on the board and painted them black. When that was dry I dumped my little stryofoam balls out of the floor and got out the Elmer's glue and a lid to a jar. I squirted out some of the glue into the lid and dipped every individual ball into the glue and then placed it on the black letters. (That's 337 tiny balls if you were interested.) I'm sure there is a better way of doing this but that's what worked for me.

After it all dried, I hot glued some ribbon along the edge. I did this for two reasons. 1. I am lazy and didn't feel like painting the sides in the beginning. 2. I thought maybe it would give it some more texture.

Then I hot glued on some glitter spiders from Walmart. I wanted to paint some spider webs on it too but I realized I am not good at freehand painting.

I still feel like it needs more but for now this is what I have. I think once I add on the fake webbing from my mantle it will all be good.

So what do you think?

I'm linking this up to eighteen25's first link up party!



1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous and so clever! Would LOVE one for my home! Gotta love the dollar store, right!

    BTW: you family is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails