Saturday, September 4, 2010

They will be so pretty!

Yesterday we all headed out to Lowe's to pick up some mums that I saw were on sale buy 1 get 1 free. Yippee! I let Mr. Destructo pick out 5 plants. He picked yellow and red ones, at least I hope they are those colors, that's what the container said.

Maybe now is when I should add that I am not good with plants. I lose interest in them and then they die on me. My mom on the other hand is really good at the gardening stuff, not sure why she didn't pass that on to me. The ironic thing is back in 2006 I did work at a tree farm propagating crepe myrtle trees. I wonder if those trees ever grew? Anyways, back to the story.

So we came home with 5 plants, 1 pot, and a bag of potting soil.
First I had him use a cup to get the dirt in the pot. We could have poured the bag, but with an almost 3 year old helping to pour, I thought more would end up in the driveway instead. Plus what 2 year old doesn't like to "dummmmppp ouuuuutttt"
Everyone knows you MUST wear a Lightening McQueen snow mitten to garden. If you look close you can also see that "blue Spiderman" had to join us. It's actually Blue Beetle or something. Happy Meal toy...

"Dump Out"


Then you have to break up the root ball (at least something I read said to squish it). Hope that was right. He squished it a little bit. Not much.

Then add it to the front porch and smile! Also, "blue Spiderman" had to make another appearance.
So hopefully soon one day this will be a nice pretty pot of mums!

I later learned this morning from my mom, that 5 plants in 1 pot was too many. Oops. I guess I need to clean up the overrun with weeds flower bed so we can plant the other 4 in the ground tomorrow. I told you I didn't get any of the green thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails